Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mentorship


Content:


 Literal

  • Pasadena Humane Society 
    • Mary Ann Nation-Greenwall, Vice President of Volunteer Services
    • Milena Warns, Special Events Coordinator 

Interpretive
     The most important thing I gained from this experience was learning how much work it is to actually run an event. For both my mentorship during the summer and throughout the year, I worked with people who were in charge of promoting and educating people about the shelter. During the summer, a workshop for kids was hosted to educate them about current animal welfare issues.  They were given the privilege to meet a beagle who was rescued from an animal testing laboratory. When I was working with the development department, I helped them prepare for their most famous events. It was a ton of work that I didn't expect.  

Applied
     This has helped answer my essential question because it's allowed me to gain the actual experience of my best answer, along with my first answer. Had I not have the mentorship, I wouldn't have a slight clue of how much work is put into creating a successful adoption event that's both fun and helpful. It's helpful because people get to meet some of the shelter animals at the events. It encourages them to either want to adopt or donate to help the shelter out. With that, these events could also be used to promote responsibility amongst their visitors and to also educate others around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment